Writing PhD Thesis using LaTeX
Are you a PhD student of Stanford EE ? You need to write a dissertation
to graduate and it is a long and boring job.
If you have ever used LaTeX,
you may consider to use it for your dissertation writing. Yes, it is
very powerful and convenient yet you need a template, including a style
Here is nice LaTeX template files, that allow you to create a dissertation
that fulfils the requirments of the Registrar's office.
The style file automatically generates a cover page, a signature page,
contents, a list of figures, and a list of tables.
Download the template files
How to Use it ?
- Download the above file and extract it.
- Read usuage of "Makefile."
- Customize the files in PREFACE/ BODY/ APPENDIX/ directories.
Most job is just cut and paste your own documents into
- When you add more chapters, create sub .tex files either
in BODY/ or APPENDIX/ directories, then include them
in main.tex file.
- For more details, read SETUP/thesis.sty file.